Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating, food is still vital to our lives. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn our entire body is worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. The Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion The Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is the process we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in changing food items into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food items. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. The Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be utilized frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a medication and should not be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. The Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements have all their requirements provided. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be the norm to verify on what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if the product is talking of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they digest. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These two enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the process of digestion. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It assists in the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar functions to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function additional enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. The Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. However, with lipase, the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is among the important enzymes that are required for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorbed into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals, such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on marketplace, it takes a consistent dosage to get the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without supplements. However, the number of times you take each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should be evident. It could include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is a tell of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something going on inside your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. The Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider is that the supplement has soy, dairy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you a lot of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food items.
- Helps ease mild digestive problems like constipation and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is especially good for people who want to boost their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a broad range of food palette.
The broad-range method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
After receiving my bottles, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. The Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for 3 months now (I prefer to take two tablets per day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week, when I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my trips to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking supplements in the future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions The Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering supplements in any manner form or shape is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.