While the human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our existence. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is indeed true. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but that isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
When we eat food, it is processed in such that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that must not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
Three parts are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various types of food items. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as those, it’s advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be used regularly
However, this doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a prescription medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for your body, the most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their bases covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, and sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify for what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients in the forefront. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients make up the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in the breaking down of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestion process. Then, it goes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mostly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down quickly. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of being fuller when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the important enzymes that are required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body, such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released, and are easily taken in into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets per day, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without supplements. However, the number of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and faster process of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears can tell you about the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means a healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there have been no reported negative side effects. So, it’s safe to take just as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you are thinking that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time, I would recommend just getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. It is therefore essential to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food
- Can help alleviate moderate digestive issues such as constipation or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to improve their digestion because they love eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is honest on what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not making you wait.
Upon getting my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. That was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not so small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for three months to date (I choose 2 tablets per day, which seems like the perfect amount in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking this supplement in the coming days. Of course, that is until I discover something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Probiotic Vs Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. The same way you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying supplements in any manner form or shape is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old and people who have allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.