The human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains vital to our existence. It could be food you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be a lack of taste, the body would also have no food to digest. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in such a way that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be taken often
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medicine and should not be taken as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to your body, the best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its needs all covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed its list of ingredient front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring difference between the usual ingredient list and what is in this list. For example, you can find that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason is something to do the ingredients that compose the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most important when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step toward the process of digestion. Then, it goes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars present in milk to two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes Other enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down easily. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. With lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the important enzymes that are required for digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body such as iron and zinc. With Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it needs the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to take one or two capsules before each meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you consume one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known side effect. As such, it is safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with all food supplements, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to note that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and even save you a lot of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time I suggest going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other places online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant women (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children under 18 years old. of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two varieties. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food options.
The broad-based strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive, I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle right now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months now (I prefer to take two tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week when I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, this is until I discover something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions How To Know If You Need Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women and children younger than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.