The human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive months without eating, and it is true. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but it would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
When we take in food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. This has been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like these, it is advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be taken regularly
However, this doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a prescription medication that should never be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplements have all their requirements provided. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient in the forefront. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For instance, you could discover that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason behind this has much to do with the ingredients that comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when the product talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they consume. They are classified into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most important in the process of proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the process of digestion. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to help break them down quickly. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the many important enzymes that are required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
As with most supplements on available, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets each day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without any supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow your body to have a more easy and quicker time of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will be visible. It could include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there have been no reported negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
But, as with all food supplements, if you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to visit and check with your doctor. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
A second thing to consider it is that the product contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. If you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I suggest going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other websites on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. older (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- It is possible to take in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, just took three days to reach me I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I did not expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that you question whether you’re receiving enough. Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have been taking the supplement for three months so far (I prefer 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I will continue taking this supplement in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Can You Take Digestive Enzymes With Proton Pump Inhibitors
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering or altering the content in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years old and people who have allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.