While the human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our own existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is true. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it but it would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to digest. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
When we eat food it is processed in such a way that the nutrients become useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school since 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is one other thing that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food items. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be taken frequently
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medication and should not be utilized as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific types of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements have all their bases covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it appears like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed its list of ingredient front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is on this products list. For instance, you could discover that one ingredient is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that make up the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they consume. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most essential when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia to treat pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small proteins. They not only destroy proteins, they are also essential for altering more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It assists in transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars present in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. But, with lipase the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the many important enzymes that are required to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets per day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you use the capsule is entirely your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have a simpler and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported negative side effects. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the recommended dosage.
But, as with any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
A second thing to consider it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to remember that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and can even save a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you will be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food items.
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for a targeted supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. They are simply not making you wait.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, took just three days to reach me I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not too small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer taking two pills per day which seemed like a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my time going to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently Answered Questions Why Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that you are able to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering supplements in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.