While the human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our existence. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment but that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. List Of Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes List Of Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes required to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down different kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s advised to consult your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. List Of Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken regularly
But, it does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a prescription medication that should never be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for our bodies, best substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. List Of Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
You may notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is listed on this products list. For instance, you could find that one ingredient is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason is a lot to do with the ingredients that compose the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost label these enzymes according to the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when the product talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are divided into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that aids in the breakdown of the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the smaller intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down quickly. List Of Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. With lipase, your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of feeling full when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes is what break down plants that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is among the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase the zinc and iron are released and easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets per day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is a tell of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. In contrast clear skin indicates that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other issues.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is suitable to use in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with any other food supplement when you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to check and visit your physician. List Of Digestive Enzymes
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and even save you a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of food items.
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant women (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can opt for one that is targeted or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a wide range of food palette.
The wide-ranging approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and not deliver. It’s not making you wait.
After receiving the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that you doubt if you are taking enough. List Of Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I opt taking two pills per day, which seems like the perfect amount to me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
However, the results were not immediate. It was around the third week, when I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions List Of Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.