Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food, food is still an essential part of our existence. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can live with only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down various kinds of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like those, it’s recommended to visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized regularly
However, this doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs all covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it appears that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put their list of ingredients on display. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed in this list. For example, you can find that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients compose the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most essential when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down proteins, papain may aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreasand pancreas, the it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to help break them down effortlessly. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. But, with lipase the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the vital enzymes required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and easily absorption into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Utilization
Like many supplements available on the market, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets per day, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have a simpler and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be evident. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any other food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to check and visit your physician. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you a lot of value and even save you the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you will use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of foods.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-based strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it cannot. They are simply not making you wait.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. It was something I did not anticipate as I was used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you question whether you’re taking enough. Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months so far (I prefer taking two pills per day, which was an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions Gastric Juices Vs Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I don’t like capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying the supplement in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years of age and those with allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.