Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our existence. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive days without food and this is true. The body can live with only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Enzymes Of The Digestive System
When we eat food the food is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is the process we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We all know this. It’s been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary players in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or you are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used regularly
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements have all their requirements covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes Any supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are divided into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the first step toward the process of digestion. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down easily. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty foods. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. But, with lipase your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes is what break down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is among the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in marketplace, it requires a consistent dosage to get the best benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets per day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there is no evidence of a side effect. So, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your doctor. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Also, it is important to note that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one can help you save many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you will be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. It is therefore essential to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. They are simply not waste of time.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. It was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not so small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Enzymes Of The Digestive System
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months now (I prefer taking two pills each day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I noticed that my gut was feeling better and that my time going to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Enzymes Of The Digestive System
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying the supplement in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and people who have allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.