While the human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still vital to our existence. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. It’s food.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go days without food and this is the truth. The body can live with only water but it would be a miserable existence. There is not only an absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food the food is processed in a way that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as these, it would be advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be utilized often
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a prescription medication that should never be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements got all their requirements all covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it appears that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has something to do what the ingredients that compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the root of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. After that, it passes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. It assists in the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugar in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider range of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down quickly. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of feeling full when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes is what break down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is among the essential enzymes needed to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released, and are easily taken in by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in marketplace, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for just ten days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets per day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take the capsule is entirely up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow your body to have an easier and quicker time of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is a tell of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something going on inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to visit and check with your physician. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. If you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and can even save lots of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I’d suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of foods.
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can opt for an individual supplement or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-based strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not waste of time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have been taking the supplement for three months so far (I prefer to take two tablets per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. It was around the third week that I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my time going to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking supplements in the future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Dr Tobias Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering supplements in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.