While the human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains a crucial piece of our existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive months without eating, and it is indeed true. The body can live with only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
If we consume food it is processed in such that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body as it provides the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymesor the body does not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized regularly
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication that should never be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
Digestive Enzymes and Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplements have all their needs provided. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils grains, even sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has something to do the ingredients that make up the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase is an enzyme that mostly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars found in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when this enzyme is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down vegetables that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is among the important enzymes that are required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it requires the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for just ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really up to you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should be evident. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is a tell of the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
However, like all food supplements when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to consult your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
A second thing to consider it is that the product is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping is not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you many dollars and even save you lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time, I would recommend just buying the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other places online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food items.
- Helps ease mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children under 18 years old. older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for an individual supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is a great thing as the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and not deliver. They are simply not making you wait.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, took just three days to arrive, I was excited about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not anticipate as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not too small to make you doubt if you are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for 3 months now (I opt to take two tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Lactaid
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women and children younger than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.