While the human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains an essential part of our lives. It could be food you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with only water but that is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients become useful to the body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down different types of food items. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s advised to consult your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a prescription medication and should not be taken as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are helpful to our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food items. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements got all their bases covered. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients in the forefront. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that is in this list. For example, you can discover that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with the ingredients that comprise the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes depending on the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when it talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice specifically in the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth which is the initial step in the process of digestion. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these enzymes are certain to help break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of being fuller when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the many vital enzymes required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and easily absorption through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals like calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Utilization
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take two tablets daily Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain the healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should also appear. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known adverse effect. So, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement, if you are nursing or pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
Another thing to note it is that the product is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. If you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to remember that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one can help you save many dollars and can even save the cost of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think that you would use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years, I would recommend just going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of food items.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like constipation, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is especially good for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-range method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and not deliver. It’s not waste of time.
After receiving my supplements, which, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was excited about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months now (I opt taking two pills each day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week that I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Digestive System
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to regularly take the supplement. The same way, you can take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those with allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.