The human body can go for weeks without eating but food remains vital to our own existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is true. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment but that is a miserable life. Not only is there an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
When we take in food the food is processed in that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This is the process we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in the school since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may have an idea, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different kinds of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymesor their bodies do not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be taken regularly
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements have all their requirements provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to oils, fats grains, even sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients on display. It’s on the label of the bottle.
You may notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For example, you can discover that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the kind of food they break down. For example, when it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they eat. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These two enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider range of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these enzymes are certain to break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. However, with lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of feeling full when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the essential enzymes needed for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorption by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like many supplements available on available, it takes a consistent dosage to get the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. However, the number of times you consume each capsule is dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. More than that may result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported side effect. As such, it is safe to take just so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to visit and check with your doctor. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. It is also important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and can even save lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. As such it is important to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children under 18 years old. old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or select one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to boost their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food options.
The broad-range method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not making you wait.
After receiving my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to reach me I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not so small that you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
I’m on my third bottle right now and have been taking the supplement for 3 months so far (I opt 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my time going to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes And Colitis
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. The same way you are able to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying or altering the content in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old and those with allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.