The human body can survive weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our own existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there the absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
When we eat food the food is processed in such that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is the process we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that must not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be used regularly
But, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine and should not be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. As such, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would give you the enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements got all their bases all covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could find that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has a lot to do with the ingredients that comprise the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily made up of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they consume. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are among the most essential in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, but they are also important for modifying more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. It assists in the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mostly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes additional enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of being fuller when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the many essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase, these zinc and iron are released, and are easily absorbed by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on available, it takes the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good place to start is to consume two tablets daily, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use each capsule is up to you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow your body to have a more easy and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears can tell you about your overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any other food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to consult your physician. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider is that the supplement is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it might be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and even save you a lot of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you would be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for an individual supplement or select a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of foods.
The wide-ranging approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and not deliver. They are simply not waste of time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to arrive, I was excited about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose taking two pills per day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I think it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take supplements in the future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzyme Vs Plant Based Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official site.
Remember it is only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. The same way you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying or altering the content in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old, and people who have allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.