Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating but food remains vital to our existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
If we consume food the food is processed in such a way that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools since 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea, but there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be utilized frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medication and should not be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
Digestive Enzymes in Action: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific types of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. It is made up of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, even sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient in the forefront. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found in this list. For example, you can see that one of the ingredients has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with the ingredients that compose the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestion process. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down quickly. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the many essential enzymes needed to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. With Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorption by the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in available, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should also appear. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is going on inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with any other food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
A second thing to consider is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. It is also important to remember that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you lots of money and even save you the cost of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you would use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I’d suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. As such it is important to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can either go for a targeted supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
After receiving the bottles that, mind you, only took three days to reach me I was excited about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose taking two pills per day, which was a good sweet spot to me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Are Digestive Enzymes Vegetarian
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or altering supplements in any way in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old and people who have allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.