While the human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive months without eating, and it is true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it but that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to digest. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
When we take in food the food is processed in such a way that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is the process we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in the school since 5th grade. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is safe to say that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down different kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s advised to consult your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be taken regularly
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medicine that should never be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. Therefore supplements should be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
Digestive Enzymes at Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their needs all covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it appears like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is the norm to verify on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients on display. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is listed on this products list. For instance, you could discover that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason behind this has something to do the ingredients that comprise the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product is talking of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2.. These enzymes are amongst the most important when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking the protein into amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been utilized in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step toward the digestive process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down quickly. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plants that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the many important enzymes that are required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like many supplements available on the market, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets per day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow your body to have an easier and quicker time of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is suitable to use as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is recommended to check and visit your doctor. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. If you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one can help you save lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking that you would use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. As such it is important to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients kmore
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating females (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can opt for an individual supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of food options.
The broad-based strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and not deliver. It isn’t wasting your time.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, just took three days to reach me, I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day which seemed like a good sweet spot to me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week when I realized that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the bathroom became more regular rather than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Are Digestive Enzymes Good For Acid Reflux
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Remember it is only available through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein, you can take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.