While the human body can survive weeks without eating, food is still vital to our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is true. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but it is a miserable life. There is not only a lack of taste, it also means that your body has nothing to take in. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in such a way that the nutrients become useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in the school since 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes with supplements. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be utilized frequently
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medication that should never be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar the supplements will give you the enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This lets the supplement process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thus making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its bases covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients front and center. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that can be found in this list. For instance, you could discover that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason is something to do what the ingredients that comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they break down. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These two enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme processes lactose, a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down quickly. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the many important enzymes that are required for digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
As with most supplements on available, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good place to start is to consume two tablets daily and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. That said, the amount of times you take the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something going on inside your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any other food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save lots of money and can even save a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe that you will be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food items.
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like constipation, heartburn, and stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for one that is targeted or choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a broad range of food options.
The broad-based approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and not deliver. They are simply not wasting your time.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and have taken the supplement for three months so far (I opt to take two tablets per day, which was the perfect amount for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking this supplement in the near future. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Why Would You Need Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. The same way it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.