Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our own existence. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it but it isn’t a good idea. There is not only a lack of taste, it also means that your body has no food to take in. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
When we eat food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is what we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. It’s been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be taken frequently
However, this doesn’t mean the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medication that should never be used as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed its list of ingredient in the forefront. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that can be found on this products list. For example, you can discover that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has something to do the ingredients that make up the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they eat. They are divided into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine with saliva in the mouth. This is the first step toward the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down effortlessly. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. With lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of feeling full when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the essential enzymes needed for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily taken in by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes a consistent dosage to get the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only ten days.
A good place to start is to consume two tablets daily, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume each capsule is your choice.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable the body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any other food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to check and visit your doctor. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
Another thing to note it is that the product has dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and even save you a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you will use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time, I would recommend just getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- May not be good for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant women (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it cannot. They are simply not wasting your time.
After receiving my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. It was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I opt 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Why Digestive Enzymes Are Good For You
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.