While the human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive months without eating, and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
When we take in food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. This has been taught in the school since the 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes required to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various types of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymesor their bodies do not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be best to go visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be taken frequently
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not prescription medication and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for you, but the best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its requirements provided. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it seems like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients on display. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found in this list. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has something to do what the ingredients that make up the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost label these enzymes according to the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they eat. They are divided into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most crucial in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small proteins. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function additional enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to help break them down quickly. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. With lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body, such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it needs a consistent dosage to get the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take each capsule is up to you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will also appear. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from digestive inflammation or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
As with all food supplements when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to check and visit your physician. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has soy, dairy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and it even saves a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you would use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time, I would recommend just going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. As such it is important to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of food
- Can help alleviate moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on what it can offer and what it cannot. They are simply not waste of time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, took just three days to reach me, I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. It was something I did not anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not too small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I choose 2 tablets each day, which was an ideal sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better , and my frequent trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that is unless I find something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Where Does Enzymatic Digestion Occur
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.