While the human body can go for weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our own existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go months without eating, and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it but that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
When we eat food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymesor the body does not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes inside the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used frequently
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a medicine and should not be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of food items. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of many enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thus making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their bases covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it appears that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients on display. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is on this products list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with the ingredients that compose the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they consume. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most important in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice particularly at the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step toward the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreasand pancreas, the it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase is an enzyme that process lactose, a chemical that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work additional enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down quickly. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of fullness when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase is among the vital enzymes required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and easily absorbed through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without supplements. The amount of times you take one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow your body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from digestive inflammation or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known adverse effect. So, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the recommended dosage.
But, as with any other food supplement, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to consult your physician. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
Another thing to note is that the supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. If you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to remember that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping will be added to the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and even save you the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you would use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time I suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other websites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a broad range of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It’s not making you wait.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, just took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months to date (I choose taking two pills each day, which seems like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week that I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my time going to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions What Is A Good Digestive Enzymes To Take
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.