Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go days without food and this is true. The body can live with only water but that would be a miserable existence. There is not only an absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
When we eat food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This process is what we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already be aware of this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it is best to go visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken regularly
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a prescription medication that should never be taken as the same.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. Therefore supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look for what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient on display. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is in this list. For instance, you may see that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has something to do what the ingredients that compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost label these enzymes according to the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis,, which means breaking the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the process of digestion. After that, it passes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It assists in transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mainly processes lactose, a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugar that is present in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down easily. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes is what break down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is among the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like iron and zinc. When you use Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released, and are easily taken in by the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume the capsule is entirely your choice.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. It could include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears can tell you about your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates a healthy body. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there have been no reported side effect. Therefore, it’s suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to consult your physician. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
Another thing to note is that the supplement contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and even save you a lot of shipping. Just by looking and looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you would use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years I suggest going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children under 18 years old. old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can either go for one that is targeted or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a diverse foods.
The broad-based method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It isn’t making you wait.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you doubt if you are receiving enough. What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and have taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer to take two tablets per day which seemed like the perfect amount in my case.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week when I realized that my stomach was feeling better , and my frequent trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions What Do Digestive Enzymes Do
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.