Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our own existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for months without eating, and it is true. The body can survive with only water but that would be a miserable existence. There is not only a lack of taste, but your body would have no food to take in. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
If we consume food the food is processed in that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used regularly
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for your body, the best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
There’s no doubt that the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs covered. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it seems that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify for what the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients front and center. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is listed on this list of ingredients. For example, you can see that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most essential in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine into saliva inside the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestive process. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down easily. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. With lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of fullness when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plants that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the many vital enzymes required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase the zinc and iron are released and easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like many supplements available on available, it takes a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take one or two capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for just ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets each day Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you use the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. In contrast clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there is no evidence of a side effect. As such, it is safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements when you are nursing or pregnant it is recommended to consult your doctor. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. If you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you lots of money and even save you the cost of shipping. Just by looking and looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years, I would recommend just going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can opt for one that is targeted or choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of food options.
The wide-ranging approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent quality because the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it cannot. They are simply not waste of time.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that one wonders if they are taking enough. What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
I’m on my third bottle now and have taken the supplement for 3 months so far (I opt to take two tablets each day, which was the perfect amount in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not immediate. I think it was about the third week that I noticed that my gut was feeling better , and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions What Digestive Enzymes Should You Take
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. The same way, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or modifying the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.