Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or eating at a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can live with only water but it isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to take in. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
When we take in food, it is processed in such that the nutrients are useful to the body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food. The pancreas is the only engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you can always boost your digestive enzymes with supplements. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be taken often
However, this doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient in the forefront. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that make up the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been utilized in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down proteins, papain may also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that mainly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plants that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily taken in through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets per day Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without supplements. However, the number of times you consume each capsule is dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will also appear. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to consult your physician. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. It is also important to note that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and even save you the cost of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years, I would recommend just getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of foods.
- Can help alleviate moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients kmore
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant females (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can opt for an individual supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and not deliver. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not so small that you question whether you’re taking enough. What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months now (I choose 2 tablets each day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week when I noticed that my stomach was feeling better , and my frequent trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take supplements in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions What Are Digestive Enzymes Supplements
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.