While the human body can go for weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our existence. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive months without eating, and it is the truth. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be the absence of taste the body would also have no food to digest. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Thorne Digestive Enzymes
When we eat food the food is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This process is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school since 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down different types of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized often
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not prescription medication that should never be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thus making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements have all their bases provided. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it appears that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzymes Any supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients on display. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is listed on this products list. For instance, you could discover that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason behind this has something to do the ingredients that comprise the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they break down. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice particularly at the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they are also essential for altering many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. Then, it goes through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down easily. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard cell walls of plants and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the essential enzymes needed to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without any supplements. That said, the amount of times you use each capsule is dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If used correctly they will enable your body to have an easier and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be evident. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known side effect. Therefore, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of it is that the product contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you a lot of value and even save you a lot of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time, I would recommend just going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. Buying the supplements from other websites on the internet could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of food
- Can help alleviate moderate digestive issues such as constipation or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can either go for an individual supplement or select one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people who want to boost their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-range method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and not deliver. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. It was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Thorne Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I choose 2 tablets each day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
The effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week when I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Thorne Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.