While the human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still vital to our existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that is a miserable life. There is not only the absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients are useful to the body. This process is what we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that should really not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body as it provides the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken frequently
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes at Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its bases provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that is in this list. For example, you can see that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason is much to do with the ingredients that compose the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they break down. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase, the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that processes lactose, a substance found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down easily. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich in fats and oils, although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is among the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it takes the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. The amount of times you use the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow your body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there have been no reported negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like all food supplements, if you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save lots of money and it even saves lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe you’ll use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time, I would recommend just getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. It is therefore essential to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a broad range of food
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can either go for one that is targeted or choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse foods.
The broad-range strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not waste of time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. That was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for 3 months so far (I prefer to take two tablets each day, which was an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week that I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my frequent trips to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Therapeutic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying supplements in any way form or shape is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years of age and people who have allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.