While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our own existence. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but it isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste the body would also have no food to digest. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in that the nutrients become useful to the body. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. This has been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another thing that must not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These include:
- Amylase which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be utilized regularly
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, best ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would give you the enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements have all their bases all covered. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is listed in this list. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with the ingredients that compose the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are divided into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2.. These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined with saliva in the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty foods. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plants that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and easily absorbed into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take one or two capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good place to start is to use two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still allowing your body to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take one capsule is really dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will be visible. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported side effect. So, it’s suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
However, like all food supplements when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and it even saves a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you will be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I suggest going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for an individual supplement or select a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is a great thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and not deliver. It’s not wasting your time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, took just three days to arrive I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle right now and have taken the supplement for three months to date (I prefer 2 tablets each day, which was a good sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my time going to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the coming days. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions Standard Process Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. The same way it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering the supplement in any manner form or shape is not advised.
Who shouldn’t consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.