While the human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is vital to our existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in that the nutrients become useful to the body. This is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. This has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes required to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already have an idea that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food. The pancreas is the only engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymesor the body does not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it would be advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be used regularly
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes that to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it seems like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
You may notice that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may find that one ingredient has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has something to do what the ingredients that compose the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most important when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down proteins, papain may also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth which is the first step towards the digestion process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down easily. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase the body should have no trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the many important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Utilization
Like many supplements available on the market, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets each day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. The amount of times you take the capsule is entirely your choice.
However, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow your body to have a more easy and faster process of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should also appear. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is safe to take just so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to check and visit your physician. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider it is that the product is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you a lot of value and even save you the cost of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. As such it is important to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take long term for continuous consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can either go for one that is targeted or choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-based approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can deliver and what it cannot. They are simply not making you wait.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, only took three days to reach me I was excited about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that one wonders if they are getting enough of it. Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months to date (I prefer taking two pills per day which seemed like a good sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week, when I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my time going to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking supplements in the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Source Naturals Vs Now Foods Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Remember it is only available through their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old, and people who have allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.