Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food but food remains vital to our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is indeed true. The body can live with only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to take in. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
When we eat food it is processed in that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This is what we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
Three parts are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or the body does not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used often
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. Therefore supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific types of food. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This lets the supplement process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its requirements all covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is on this list of ingredients. For example, you can see that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that make up the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are classified into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most essential in proteolysis,, which means breaking the proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breakdown of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth which is the first step towards the digestion process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It assists in transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down effortlessly. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with fats and oils even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body will have no trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of being fuller when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes is what break down plants that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the important enzymes that are required for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase the zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in marketplace, it requires a consistent dosage to get the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for just ten days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets each day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule, while still allowing your body to work without supplements. However, the number of times you take each capsule is your choice.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow the body to have a simpler and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will also appear. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there has been no known side effect. So, it’s suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
As with all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. If you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and can even save a lot of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking you’ll be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I’d suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant women (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or select a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it cannot. It’s not making you wait.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t think of as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I opt to take two tablets each day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not immediate. It was around the third week that I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Role Of Digestive Enzymes In Digestive System
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or modifying or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.