While the human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is true. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
When we eat food the food is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients are useful to the body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. This is even in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down various types of food. The pancreas is the only engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s advised to consult your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you are having difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized often
However, this doesn’t mean the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medication that should never be used as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
There’s no doubt that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thereby making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplement has all its bases provided. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient in the forefront. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients than what is listed in this list. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that compose the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are classified into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar functions to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in oats and barley in which beta-glucans exist in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to help break them down effortlessly. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. With lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plants that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the many essential enzymes needed to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in available, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good place to start is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take the capsule is entirely your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. More than that may result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign of something wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a side effect. As such, it is safe to take just as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
As with all food supplements that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping is not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one can help you save lots of money and it even saves a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other websites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food items.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like constipation or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can opt for one that is targeted or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food options.
The broad-range strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was excited about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose taking two pills per day, which seems like a good sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take supplements in the near future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Quest Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering the supplement in any way form or shape is not advised.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.