Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is vital to our existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be a lack of taste, it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such a way that the nutrients are useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes and they all break down various types of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These include:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or the body does not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already inside the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not prescription medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for your body, the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients front and center. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this products list. For example, you can find that one ingredient is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that make up the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking the proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they are also essential for altering more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It assists in transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mainly processes lactose, a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down effortlessly. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily food items. In the end, it’s common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. But, with lipase your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of feeling full when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes is what break down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is among the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body, such as iron and zinc. With Phytase the iron and zinc are released and easily absorbed into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption like calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on available, it requires the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you use the capsule is entirely up to you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow your body to have an easier and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported adverse effect. So, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like any other food supplement, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to visit and check with your doctor. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. If you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and it even saves a lot of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I’d suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of foods.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- It is possible to take long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can opt for a targeted supplement or choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-based method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not making you wait.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small to make you doubt if you are taking enough. Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I opt to take two tablets per day, which was a good sweet spot for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week that I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking supplements in the coming days. Of course, that’s until I discover something superior, but at this point I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Proteolytic Enzymes Vs Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying supplements in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should check with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.