The human body can survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Be it food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can live with only water but it is a miserable life. Not only is there the absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to digest. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
When we eat food, it is processed in that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes that break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like those, it’s recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used frequently
But, it doesn’t mean the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a prescription medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as the same.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
There’s no doubt that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their needs all covered. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it seems that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on the ingredients that the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients on display. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual label of ingredients than what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme mainly process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes additional enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down easily. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with oils and fats, although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of being fuller when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the many important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body, such as iron and zinc. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. The amount of times you take one capsule is really up to you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly they will enable the body to have an easier and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be visible. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be an indication of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there have been no reported side effect. Therefore, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
As with any food supplement when you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your doctor. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it might be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you a lot of value and even save you the cost of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe you’ll be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I’d suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food items.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children under 18 years old. old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two varieties. You can either go for one that is targeted or select an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people who want to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
After receiving my supplements, which, mind you, took just three days to reach me I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for three months to date (I opt taking two pills per day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week, when I noticed that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the near future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Probiotics Vs Prebiotics Vs Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. The same way, you can take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying or altering the content in any way form or shape is not recommended.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women and children younger than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.