While the human body can survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is vital to our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body can survive with only water but that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to take in. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
If we consume food the food is processed in a way that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that must not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes that break down various types of food items. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or you are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken often
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication that should never be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. As such, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food items. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs all covered. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice that there is a glaring distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is on this products list. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that compose the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis,, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestive process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down quickly. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plants that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the many vital enzymes required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without any supplements. However, the number of times you use each capsule is up to you.
However, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and faster process of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears can tell you about your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates that your body is healthy. This includes having a well working digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
However, like all food supplements, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to visit and check with your doctor. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Another thing to note is that the supplement contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking that you will use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time, I would recommend just getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of foods.
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, took just three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. It was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not too small to make one wonders if they are taking enough. Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose 2 tablets each day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking supplements in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Prescription Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Remember it is only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying the supplement in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.