The human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that would be a miserable existence. There is not only an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Mercola Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body as it provides the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down various types of food. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be taken often
But, it does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a prescription medication that should never be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its needs all covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats grains, and sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put their list of ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found on this products list. For example, you can find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has something to do what the ingredients that make up the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if it talks about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they digest. They are classified into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that process lactose, a chemical present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to help break them down quickly. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with fats and oils although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. With lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of feeling full when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase is among the vital enzymes required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance, it is recommended to take one or two capsules before every meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still allowing your body to work without supplements. However, the number of times you use each capsule is dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow your body to have a simpler and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is going on inside your body. In contrast clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any other food supplement, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to check and visit your physician. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you would be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years, I would recommend just buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of food
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like constipation or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a broad range of foods.
The wide-ranging method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and not deliver. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Mercola Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months now (I choose taking two pills per day which seemed like a good sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
The effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week when I noticed that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Mercola Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the advantages, it is advised to regularly take the supplement. The same way it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.