The human body can survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to take in. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This process is what we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be recommended to visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used frequently
However, this doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a prescription medication that should never be utilized as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for your body, the best ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their needs covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, and sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients on display. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical ingredient list and what can be found in this list. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if the product talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, particularly at the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It assists in the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase is an enzyme that mainly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to help break them down quickly. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes is what break down plants that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in marketplace, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take two tablets daily and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you use each capsule is your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be the minimum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be evident. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported side effect. As such, it is suitable to use in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement, if you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Also, it is important to remember that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-range strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not so small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months so far (I prefer 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. I think it was about the third week when I noticed that my gut was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions Is There A Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.