While the human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still an essential part of our own existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment but that is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
When we eat food it is processed in such that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that must not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken often
However, this doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine and should not be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. So supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of food items. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs provided. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, and sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient on display. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that can be found on this products list. For instance, you may see that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason is much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they break down. For example, when the product is talking of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most essential when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the pineapple stem. For years, it has been used in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth which is the initial step in the process of digestion. Then, it goes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down easily. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. With lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of being fuller when this enzyme is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes is what break down vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase, these zinc and iron are released, and are easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you use each capsule is your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a simpler and faster time in taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be visible. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported side effect. So, it’s suitable to use so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
As with any other food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to consult your physician. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think you’ll be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years, I would recommend just getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. As such it is important to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition kmore
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can either go for an individual supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and not deliver. They are simply not waste of time.
Upon getting my bottles, which mind you, took just three days to reach me I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not so small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
I’m on my third bottle right now and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I choose to take two tablets per day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I think it was about the third week that I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions How Should Digestive Enzymes Be Taken
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.