The human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is vital to our own existence. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. It’s food.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
If we consume food the food is processed in such a way that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This is the process we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. This has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down different kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or the body does not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing prolonged symptoms like these, it is advised to consult your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be used frequently
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medication that should never be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
There’s no doubt that the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thus providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their requirements covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients make up the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they break down. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are classified into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are amongst the most essential when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestive process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme processes lactose, a substance present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function additional enzymes are part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. It is a fact of knowledge that food items rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase the body should have no trouble digesting them all. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase the zinc and iron are released and easily absorption into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in available, it takes a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this could not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts just ten days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have an easier and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should be visible. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. Also, it is important to remember that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years I’d suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like constipation, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take long term for continuous consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a diverse foods.
The broad-based strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. They are simply not waste of time.
Upon getting the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to reach me, I was excited about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small that one wonders if they are getting enough of it. Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I choose taking two pills per day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. I think it was about the third week, when I noticed that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the future. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Function Of Enzymes In The Digestive System
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.