The human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our existence. Food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can live with only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools since the 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that must not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary players in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized frequently
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a prescription medication and should not be taken as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements have all their bases all covered. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it seems that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could see that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with the ingredients that comprise the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most crucial in proteolysis,, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from an inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes Other enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. With lipase, your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of feeling full when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes is what break down plants that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard cell walls of plants and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the many important enzymes that are required for digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like many supplements available on the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only 10 days.
A good place to start is to take two tablets daily and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. However, the number of times you consume the capsule is entirely up to you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain the healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow the body to have a simpler and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something wrong inside your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there is no evidence of a adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
As with any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your doctor. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider is that the supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. If you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save a lot of value and it even saves lots of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years, I would recommend just going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food items.
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and not deliver. They are simply not waste of time.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I prefer 2 tablets per day, which was an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the bathroom became more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Foods Rich In Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.