The human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still an essential part of our own existence. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it but that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to take in. Enzymes Digestive System Function
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Enzymes Digestive System Function
When we eat food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is another aspect that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or the body does not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Enzymes Digestive System Function
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken often
However, this does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for you, but the best ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Enzymes Digestive System Function
Digestive Enzymes at Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. It is made up of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual label of ingredients than what is listed in this list. For example, you can see that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they digest. They are classified into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that aids in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. Not only do they break proteins, but they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step toward the digestion process. After that, it passes through the stomach before it is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down easily. Enzymes Digestive System Function
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of feeling full when this enzyme is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the many important enzymes that are required to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body such as iron and zinc. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on available, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts just ten days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets each day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still allowing your body to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take one capsule is really dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other issues.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there have been no reported side effect. So, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the recommended dosage.
But, as with any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is recommended to consult your physician. Enzymes Digestive System Function
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and can even save the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you would be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like constipation and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant women (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good quality because the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you doubt if you are receiving enough. Enzymes Digestive System Function
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months so far (I prefer to take two tablets each day, which was the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Enzymes Digestive System Function
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying the supplement in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.