The human body can go for weeks without eating but food remains vital to our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body can live with only water but it is a miserable life. Not only is there a lack of taste, but your body would have nothing to take in. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Enzymes Digestion Of Food
If we consume food it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in schools since 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that should really not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may have an idea, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down various types of food items. The pancreas is the only engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or the body does not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes with supplements. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used regularly
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication and should not be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are helpful to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
Digestive Enzymes at Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food items. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplement has all its needs provided. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it appears that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the type of food that they break down. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they consume. They are divided into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestion process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars found in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to break them down effortlessly. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the important enzymes that are required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it requires a consistent dosage to get the best benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take one or two capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this could not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only ten days.
A good place to start is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. The amount of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. It could include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there has been no known side effect. As such, it is suitable to use so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to visit and check with your doctor. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
Another thing to note it is that the product is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and can even save the cost of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I’d suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. It is therefore essential to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people who want to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food options.
The broad-range approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is honest on what it can offer and not deliver. They are simply not waste of time.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, only took 3 days to arrive, I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are taking enough. Enzymes Digestion Of Food
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months so far (I prefer taking two pills per day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week, when I noticed that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking this supplement in the coming days. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions Enzymes Digestion Of Food
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. Similar to that it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years of age and people who have allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.