Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our existence. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is true. The body is able to survive on only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. There is not only an absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
When we take in food the food is processed in such that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This process is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken regularly
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medicine and should not be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements got all their bases covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats grains, even sugar from table, it looks that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has something to do the ingredients that compose the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when it talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the pineapple stem. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine into saliva inside the mouth which is the initial step in the process of digestion. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars found in oats and barley in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work additional enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down effortlessly. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of being fuller when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes is what break down plant matter that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of diets.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the essential enzymes needed for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily taken in into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use the capsule is entirely your choice.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If used correctly they will enable your body to have a simpler and quicker time of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will also appear. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. Contrary to this the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there has been no known side effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
Another thing to note it is that the product contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think you’ll be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time, I would recommend just getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients kmore
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two varieties. You can opt for one that is targeted or select a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, took just three days to reach me, I was excited about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months so far (I opt to take two tablets per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I noticed that my gut was feeling better , and my frequent trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions Enzymes And Mechanical Digestion
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying supplements in any way form or shape is not recommended.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.