The human body can survive weeks without eating, food is still vital to our existence. Be it food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn the entire body are involved, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is true. The body can live with only water but it would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
When we take in food it is processed in a way that the nutrients become useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that should really not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These are the primary players in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body as it provides the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized often
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a prescription medication that should never be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
Digestive Enzymes at Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs provided. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients front and center. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual label of ingredients than what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that compose the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they consume. They are divided into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most important in the process of proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking the proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breaking down of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestion process. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mostly processes lactose, a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down effortlessly. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty foods. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of feeling full when this enzyme is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard cell walls of plants and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the many important enzymes that are required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily absorbed by the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable the body to have an easier and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is recommended to check and visit your physician. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
A second thing to consider it is that the product has dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. If you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and can even save lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can opt for a targeted supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a broad range of food options.
The wide-ranging method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. That was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I choose to take two tablets each day, which seems like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions Enzymes And Digestion Gcse Exam Questions
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To keep enjoying the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying supplements in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years of age and those with allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.