While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go months without eating, and it is true. The body can survive with only water but that would be a miserable existence. There is not only an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Enzyme Digestive Function
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Enzyme Digestive Function
If we consume food the food is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is the process we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymesor their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Enzyme Digestive Function
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be taken regularly
However, this doesn’t mean the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medication that should never be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Enzyme Digestive Function
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula of the supplement give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements have all their bases provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify on what the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is on this products list. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the kind of food they break down. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are divided into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also essential for altering many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves similar functions to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars that is present in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars found in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down quickly. Enzyme Digestive Function
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich foods. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with fats and oils while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plants that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is among the important enzymes that are required for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in available, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets each day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use each capsule is up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If properly taken they will enable the body to have a more easy and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there have been no reported negative side effects. As such, it is suitable to use in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with all food supplements, if you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. Enzyme Digestive Function
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price can be included in the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and even save you a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. As such it is important to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. old (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-based approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not so small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Enzyme Digestive Function
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months to date (I prefer 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
The effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week that I noticed that my gut was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Enzyme Digestive Function
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering or altering the content in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years old and people who have allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.