The human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our own existence. It could be food you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is indeed true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but it is a miserable life. There is not only a lack of taste, it also means that your body has no food to take in. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Enzyme Digestion Reaction
When we eat food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients are useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. This has been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. This is even in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down various types of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be utilized frequently
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
Digestive Enzymes at Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplement has all its requirements provided. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is the norm to verify for what the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could discover that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason behind this has much to do with what ingredients compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if it talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking the proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine with saliva in the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestion process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work additional enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down easily. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body will have no trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the many vital enzymes required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase the iron and zinc are released and can be easily taken in by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets each day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without any supplements. However, the number of times you consume one capsule is really dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow your body to have a more easy and faster process of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. It could include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is going on inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there is no evidence of a side effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to consult your physician. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. If you have allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Also, it is important to remember that shipping is not free. As such, shipping price will be added to the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save lots of money and can even save the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is like buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I’d suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not waste of time.
Upon getting the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to reach me I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Enzyme Digestion Reaction
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose to take two tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
The effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week, when I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the near future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Enzyme Digestion Reaction
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Remember it is only available through their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way, you can take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.