While the human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is vital to our lives. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is concerned, food is more than food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is indeed true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. There is not only a lack of taste, but your body would have nothing to take in. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
If we consume food it is processed in such that the nutrients are useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down various types of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be utilized regularly
However, this doesn’t mean the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medication and should not be utilized as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for your body, the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their requirements all covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients in the forefront. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this products list. For example, you can find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily made up of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These two enzymes are among the most essential in the process of proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestion process. Then, it goes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes additional enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down quickly. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. But, with lipase the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes is what break down plants that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve mineral absorption such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without any supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is dependent on you.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If taken properly they will enable the body to have a simpler and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. However the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported negative side effects. So, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to visit and check with your doctor. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. If you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and even save you the cost of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or select an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good quality because the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
Upon getting my supplements, which, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make you question whether you’re taking enough. Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I prefer to take two tablets per day which seemed like a good sweet spot for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week that I noticed that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Do Digestive Enzymes Actually Help
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I don’t like capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.