Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our own existence. It could be food you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for months without eating, and it is the truth. The body can survive with only water but it would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be a lack of taste, the body would also have nothing to digest. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
When we eat food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is the process we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another thing that shouldn’t be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in changing food items into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always boost your digestive enzymes with supplements. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be used regularly
However, this doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes that break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient in the forefront. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is in this list. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason is something to do the ingredients that comprise the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily made up of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the digestion process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work additional enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down easily. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. With lipase, the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of feeling full when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is among the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body, such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
But, it could not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for just ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you consume each capsule is up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to take just as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to check and visit your physician. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
Another thing to note is that the supplement contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and can even save the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe you’ll be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. It is therefore essential to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food items.
- Helps ease mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children under 18 years old. older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two varieties. You can opt for one that is targeted or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-range approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t making you wait.
After receiving my bottles, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I did not expect as I was so used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not too small to make one wonders if they are getting enough of it. Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for 3 months so far (I opt 2 tablets per day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
However, the results were not immediate. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive System Enzymes Quizlet
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying or altering the content in any manner form or shape is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.