The human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains a crucial piece of our own existence. Be it food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is concerned, food is more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go days without food and this is the truth. The body is able to survive on only water but it is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Watson
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Watson
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This is the process we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is another thing that must not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down various kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like those, it’s recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Watson
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used regularly
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a prescription medication that should never be utilized as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are helpful to our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Watson
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their bases all covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients front and center. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is listed on this products list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has something to do what the ingredients that comprise the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when the product talks about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most important in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down the proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down proteins, papain may also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. They not only break proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestive process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It assists in the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves similar functions to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes additional enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to help break them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes Watson
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich food items. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. However, with lipase, your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of fullness when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and easily taken in into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it takes a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good place to start is to take 2 tablets per day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow your body to have a simpler and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign of something going on inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known side effect. Therefore, it’s suitable to use so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Watson
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. As such, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you lots of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition kmore
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-range method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. They are simply not waste of time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Watson
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months to date (I prefer taking two pills per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
The effects were not immediate. It was around the third week, when I noticed that my gut felt better, and my time going to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking these supplements into the future. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes Watson
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying or altering the content in any manner form or shape is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.