Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food but food remains a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only is there the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
When we take in food the food is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be used regularly
However, this doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a medicine and should not be taken as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
Digestive Enzymes in Action: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements got all their bases all covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has something to do what ingredients compose the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are classified into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most important when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking the protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they can also be used to modify the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme process lactose, a chemical found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of feeling full when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the many essential enzymes needed for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body, such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase the zinc and iron are released and easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets each day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really up to you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and faster process of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be evident. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there is no evidence of a side effect. So, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
As with all food supplements when you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
Another point to be aware of it is that the product is made up of dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to remember that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and can even save lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you will be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and not deliver. It isn’t wasting your time.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. It was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not too small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I choose 2 tablets each day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the bathroom became more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking this supplement in the coming days. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Upon Food
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. The same way you are able to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any way in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.