Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our lives. Be it food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be the absence of taste the body would also have no food to digest. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is what we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is another thing that must not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down various types of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken regularly
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medicine and should not be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their bases provided. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look on what the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient on display. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is listed in this list. For instance, you may discover that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason behind this has much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. They not only break proteins, they are also essential for altering more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich in fats and oils, although delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plants that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the many important enzymes that are required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals like calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like many supplements available on the market, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. The amount of times you use each capsule is dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be the minimum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should be evident. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other issues.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. So, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
But, as with any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to visit and check with your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
Another thing to note is that the supplement has soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save a lot of value and even save you a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I’d suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food items.
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for people with allergies as the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken long term for continuous consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to improve their digestion because they love eating a diverse food options.
The wide-ranging strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can deliver and not deliver. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, only took three days to reach me, I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months now (I opt 2 tablets each day which seemed like a good sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my time going to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking this supplement in the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Toward Protein
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying or altering the content in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.