Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body can live with water alone sustaining it but it would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
When we eat food it is processed in such a way that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken often
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine that should never be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its bases all covered. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, and sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be the norm to verify on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with the ingredients that compose the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if the product talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they eat. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are amongst the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestion process. After that, it passes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme mainly process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar present in milk to two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of fullness when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plants that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the vital enzymes required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption like calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
As with most supplements on available, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use two tablets daily Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you use one capsule is really your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is a tell of your overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there has been no known adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. If you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking that you would be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant women (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for an individual supplement or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a great thing since the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It isn’t waste of time.
After receiving the bottles that,, mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not too small to make you question whether you’re receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for three months to date (I prefer 2 tablets per day, which was an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
The effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my time going to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the coming days. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Probiotics For Leaky Gut
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any way form or shape is not advised.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and people who have allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.