Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating, food is still an essential part of our existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go days without food and this is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but that is a miserable life. Not only is there the absence of taste the body would also have nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
If we consume food it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying our body with enzymes. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes and they all break down different types of food. The pancreas is the only engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be utilized frequently
However, this doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medicine and should not be taken as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to you, but the best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Digestive Enzymes and Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its needs all covered. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient on display. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that compose the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they eat. They are classified into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most essential when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. It assists in transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that processes lactose, a substance present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work Other enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these kinds of diets.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. With Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only ten days.
A good place to start is to consume two tablets daily and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. The amount of times you consume the capsule is entirely your choice.
However, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow your body to have an easier and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported side effect. So, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any other food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to remember that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you a lot of value and can even save lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is like buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you are thinking that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of food items.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like constipation or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for an individual supplement or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. They are simply not wasting your time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I did not anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months now (I choose to take two tablets each day which seemed like the perfect amount in my case.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Over The Counter
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old, and those with allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.