While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. It could be food you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is true. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment but that is a miserable life. Not only is there the absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is the process we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in the school since the 5th grade. But, do we actually understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, which break down various kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken often
But, it does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication and should not be utilized as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplement has all its needs provided. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is on this products list. For example, you can discover that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what the ingredients that make up the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are classified into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes in the human body because they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, specifically in the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth which is the initial step in the digestion process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugar present in milk to two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the vital enzymes required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body, such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase the zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it needs a consistent dosage to get the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. The amount of times you consume one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will be evident. These include clear skin, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there has been no known side effect. As such, it is suitable to use so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
However, like all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
A second thing to consider it is that the product contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and it even saves lots of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe that you would be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I’d suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like constipation, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of food palette.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and not deliver. It’s not making you wait.
After receiving the bottles that,, mind you, only took three days to arrive, I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. This was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not so small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months now (I opt 2 tablets per day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Laxatives
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.